- Rental Requirements
- Request, Modify, Cancellation, No Show or Early Return Bookings
- Modifying bookings
- Cancellation or No-Show
- Early Return
- Conditions of Payment
- General Insurance and Coverage Conditions
- One-Way Rentals
- Additional Drivers
- No smoking policy
- Late returns
- Fuel Charge
- Extra fees or penalties
- Present original and valid driver’s license with more than 2 years from the first date of issue. It will be valid for 90 days in Costa Rica, based on the immigration entry stamp on passport. International driving license is required when using another alphabet (Hebrew, mandarin, etc). Provisional driving licenses or photocopies are not accepted.
- Passport with immigration entry stamp.
- Credit Card (only MasterCard, VISA, Discover or American Express accepted) to cover the US$1,000 deposit. Cash or debit card for deposit are not allowed.
- Minimum rental age is 23 years old.
- Rental period is 24 hours.
- After 4 hours of late car return, you will be charged with the daily rate.
- Cars cannot be taken out of Costa Rica.
- Additional drivers are allowed at an extra cost.
- Cash and debit card are not accepted for the deposit. Only credit card.
- Adobe Rent a Car offers meet and greet service at the airport when exact flight details are provided. Renter will be received at external arrival gates by an Adobe Rent a Car representative.
- When flight details are not provided, the customer may call upon arrival for free shuttle service available in San Jose Airport and in Liberia airport at the local number: 2542-4800 (San José) and 2667-0608 (Liberia) at office hours. When closed, please call emergency 24/7 number: 2542-4888.
- Complimentary delivery of the car to your hotel, within 12 miles from any office.
- The Liability Protection (PLI) is mandatory.
- The Car Protection (LDW) may be declined upon presentation of a letter from the credit card company that states coverage for a rental car in Costa Rica. Please consult: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Extended Protection (SPP) is optional.
- One way rentals and drop off fees may apply. Consult: email@example.com.
- Free mileage for rentals less than 30 days.
Request, Modify, Cancellation, No Show or Early Return Bookings
To make a reservation we need the following information:
Name and Surname
Date, hour and place of delivery (Hotel or Flight Number)
Date, hour and place of collection (Hotel or Flight Number)
Extra services to include, such as: extra coverages, accessories, drop off fees or one way rentals, etc.
A booking can be modified up to 72 hours before beginning the rental (upon availability) with no penalty. Changes in pick up location may have extra fees.
Cancellation or No-Show
Penalty of US$50 or a 1 day rental charge for late cancellations 72 hours before the start of the service, or for a NO SHOW.
In the event that the rented vehicle is returned earlier than the agreed date, a partial refund applies.
Conditions of Payment
At the moment of the rental, the full rental cost, plus extra expenses will be charged to your credit card.
General Insurance and Coverage Conditions
Please refer to the Coverage section.
Violations of the Costa Rica Traffic Legislation are full responsibility of the rentee.
In case you need one-way rentals, where you receive the car in one office and return in another, the following conditions apply:
Reservation is neccesary
Minimum rental period: 3 days
Charges apply. Please consult: firstname.lastname@example.org
The car does not have authorization to leave the country
The renter/driver is free of charge; additional drivers have a surcharge of US$4 per day per driver. In all the cases the driver must have a driver license with at least 2 years of issue. The rental agreement only has one main driver included.
No smoking policy
It is strictly prohibited to smoke inside the car. In case of any smell, there will be a charge of at least $100.
All accessories are subject to availability. We recommend previous reservation.
|Baby seat (under 12 years old or less than 110 cm height)||US$3.39 per day|
|Children seat (under 12 years old or less than 145 cm height)||US$1.13 per day|
|GPS||US$10.17 per day||US$250|
|Mobile Telephone with local prepaid card (60 min local calls)||US$11.30 per rental|
|Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot||US$11.30 per day||US$100|
A 1-hour tolerance for late returns is granted. From 2-4 hours extra fees apply; after 4 hours delay, a full day is charged.
All vehicles are supplied with a full tank of fuel (please check if the car uses petrol-gasoline or diesel fuel), please returned as it was delivered.
If the car receives an incorrect fuel, all associated costs to correct the problem will be charged to the rentee.
Refueling charges will apply.
Extra fees or penalties
Loss/Steal of Car License plates has a replacement penalty from US$100.
Loss/Steal/Damage of car mandatory documents has a replacement penalty from US$100.
Loss/Steal of car keys has a replacement penalty from US$150 to US$500; if the car key holder is electronic or customized to the car rented a replacement penalty from US$300 applies.
US$100 penalty for excessive dirt.
US$100 penalty for smoking in the car.