- Requirements for Renting a Car with Adobe Rent a Car
- Which are the basic car rental requirements?
- How much is the security deposit?
- Can I pay with cash?
- Why do I have to present my passport?
- Why do I have to present my driver’s license if I already have an International License?
- What if my license is written in a different alphabet?
Requirements for Renting a Car with Adobe Rent a Car
In order to rent a vehicle from Adobe Rent a Car, all customers must meet certain requirements. In this article, we will explain the car rental process and answer some of the most frequently asked questions.
Which are the basic car rental requirements?
- Present a valid and original driver’s license, issued 2 years ago or more. This is valid for 90 days in Costa Rica, from the date of entry stamped on your passport. Adobe Rent a Car does not accept digital driver’s licenses. International license is necessary in case the license is in another alphabet (Hebrew, Mandarin, etc). Provisional driver’s licenses and photocopies are not accepted.
- The renter’s original and valid cedula ID (nationals) or passport (foreigners).
- Present Credit Card to cover the guarantee deposit for US$1,000 (only MasterCard, VISA, Discover or American Express are accepted). The Credit Card must bear the printed name of the cardholder and must be the same person who picks up the vehicle. Deposit by Debit Card or cash is not allowed.
- Drivers must be at least 23 years old.
- Important: You must physically present both your ID and driver’s license. Photocopies or photographs are not accepted. Even if you have an International Drivers License, you must also have your original home license. Only an official, country-issued driver’s license will authorize you to drive in Costa Rica.
How much is the security deposit?
The Adobe vehicle security deposit is $1,000. Make sure that your credit card has sufficient funds available to cover the transaction. If no damages or fines are incurred during your rental, the full deposit will be reimbursed to your account. Any incurred fees will otherwise be deducted accordingly.
Can I pay with cash?
Adobe does not accept cash as a form of payment. However, your rental car costs (daily rates and insurance coverage) can be paid for with either a debit or credit card.
Don’t forget the security deposit can only be made with a credit card. Cash and debit cards will not be accepted for the deposit.
Why do I have to present my passport?
If you’re a foreigner, you will need to present an original and valid passport. This is both to verify your identity as well as to ensure your Costa Rica 90-day immigration permit is valid. Under Costa Rican law, foreigners can use their country’s driver’s license for 90 days. After 90 days, the license is no longer valid.
Why do I have to present my driver’s license if I already have an International License?
An International Driver’s License basically states that your home license is legal and valid in your country. This is not an authorization to drive, it only indicates that the license from your country is legitimate.
We do not require an international license; but if you bring it, you must submit both.
What if my license is written in a different alphabet?
If your home license is not written in the Roman alphabet (such as Arabic, Farsi, Hebrew, Mandarin), we cannot verify that it is valid. In this case, we require that you also present an International Driver’s License.
If you have any additional questions or concerns about our car rental requirements, please don’t hesitate to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us directly at +1 (855) 861-1250 and we will be happy to assist you. We aim to make your trip to Costa Rica as hassle-free and as pleasant as possible.