- Present original and valid driver´s license with more than 2 years from the first date of issue. Provisional driving licenses or photocopies are not accepted.
- Original and valid ID card and/or passport.
- Minimum rental age is 23 years old.
- Credit Card to cover the security deposit. Cash and debit card are not accepted.
Driver’s license category B1 or above or its international equivalent.
It is not necessary. You only need a passport or identity card and valid license from the country of origin. Only if the license is not printed in the Roman alphabet, an international driver’s license must be presented.
If you are a foreigner: for the driver´s license to be valid, the holder must not have exceeded 90 calendar days from the date of entry into the country. This will be verified with the stamp of entry. Except for holders of licenses from Venezuela, Central America, and Colombia, driver´s licenses are valid in Costa Rica for a maximum of 30 calendar days from the date of entry into the country.
You can pay with a debit card the amount of the rental. In case you pay the rental with your debit card and the deposit with your credit card, the cards must be of the same brand, for example, VISA Credit Card and VISA Debit Card.
Due to national regulations, this cannot be done. You must have a valid driver´s license with at least 2 years from the first date of issue, and you must be at least 23 years old to rent a car.
- Enter adobecar.cr and look for: Find reservations.
- Enter your booking number, first and last name as they appear on your email confirmation of reservation. Click: Search.
- When the detail of your reservation shows up, click on the credit card button to enter the information.
- After entering the data, proceed to click on: Save Changes to save the information.
It depends on the contract at the time of booking. In the service confirmation, each item is detailed, indicating what is included and what is not.
Until now, the service of renting a vehicle does not pay taxes, but this could change any moment, according to the national legislation.
Depending on the chosen coverage, rates may or may not include a basic or a full coverage.
Liability Protection (PLI): Mandatory insurance with a limited coverage of liability.
- Damages to third parties´ property: US$20.000. 20% deductible or a minimum of US$250.
- Injury or death of third persons not travelling in the rental car: US$100.000 per accident. No deductible.
- Does not cover damages to the rental car.
- Exclusions apply.
Car Protection (LDW): Waiver of financial responsibility in case of damages to the rental car, produced by a car accident, collision or roll over. It also protects the financial losses in case of a total or partial theft of the automobile.
- Does not cover vandalism damages, cost of tow truck and road assistance.
- The car protection has a deductible (excess) of US$1,000.
- Does not cover third party damages.
- Exclusions apply.
Extended Protection (SPP): Waiver of the deductible (excess) of the Liability Protection (20%) & Car Protection ($1,000).
- Extends the limit of the coverage up to US$4.000.000 per event.
- Covers vandalism damages, windows, tires.
- Covers cost of road assistance cost (24/7) and tow truck.
- Exclusions apply.
Our coverage is the most comprehensive in the market. However, there are some cases where such coverage does not apply, and you will be 100% liable for damages caused to the vehicle and third parties property.
- When the driver suffers an accident under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- When the car is damaged, and the car driver is not authorized under the rental agreement.
- Damages of any kind occurring as a result of driving the car in rivers, lakes, beaches, marshes, flooded roads, or due to off-road use.
- Failure of the obligation to provide Adobe Rent a Car with the accident report issued by the General Transit Direction and the notice of the accident presented to the National Insurance Institute.
- Failure to report the accident to Adobe Rent a Car immediately after the event occurs.
The person who rents the car is fully liable for all violations of the Transit Law of Costa Rica.
We do not accept credit card insurance. At least the basic insurance coverage (LDW) is required. Full coverage SPP is optional.
We do not accept credit card insurance. It is required to take at least basic insurance coverage – LDW, which ranges between US$13 and US$25 depending on the type of car.
We recommend you to request for these accessories at the moment of booking your car, in order to guarantee them:
- Baby seat (under 12 years old or less than 110 cm height): US$3 per day
- Children seat (under 12 years old or less than 145 cm height): US$1 per day
- Surf Racks: US$3 per day
- GPS: US$9 per day. Deposit of US$250
- Mobile Telephone with local prepaid card (60 minutes local calls): US$10 per rental
- Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot: US$10 per day. Deposit of US$100
We have car rental offices located nearby Juan Santamaría and Daniel Oduber International Airports. We offer shuttle service from and to the main airports to make easier your rental car return. Once you book your trip, all you have to do is provide us with the flight information: airline, flight number and estimate arrival time. With that information, we will send a representative to pick you up, no matter if you arrive at Daniel Oduber in Liberia or at Juan Santamaría Airport in San José.
We offer you the service of delivery of your rental car at your hotel within 12 miles from our office, with no extra cost. While you are making your reservation, let us know the name of your hotel and its address and Adobe will arrange a convenient drop off. In case you are staying at a farther hotel, please ask to your reservations executive for the additional cost.
Penalty of US$50 or a 1 day rental charge for late cancellations 72 hours before the start of the service, or for a No Show.