1. Web site owner
Our website and its content is a project of which its initiative, coordination, and publication exclusively belongs to RENTE UN AUTO ESMERALDA S.A., a company domiciled in the Republic of Costa Rica, with legal identity number 3-101-88140; and its subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies (hereinafter referred to as “Adobe Rent a Car”, “Adobe” or “we”).
2. Authorized and unauthorized uses.
Users may use this website only and exclusively to access its available information and to use and enjoy the services provided by Adobe.
3. Intellectual property.
This website, its texts, its graphics and drawings, trademarks, trade names, logos, advertising phrases and other distinctive signs, its software, its source and object codes, its photographs, its sounds and animations, the contents of the screens, databases and other intellectual property elements are subject to protection by international conventions and by the internal laws of the Republic of Costa Rica on intellectual property. They belong exclusively to Adobe and/or its affiliated companies unless they expressly state otherwise and have not been assigned nor are they part of the public domain. The access and use of this website does not give users any intellectual property rights over its contents.
The temporary reproduction of the Adobe website is authorized only for temporary viewing by an individual, on a computer monitor, and provided that this is done without profit-making intention. Therefore, any copy or reproduction, temporary or permanent storage, adaptation, alteration, mutilation, transformation, editing, disclosure to the public, making available to the public, distribution, transmission in any form and by any means, and in general any form of use, analog or digital, by any process or system known or to be known, are expressly forbidden, without the due authorization in writing from Adobe.
4. Service continuity.
Adobe will do its best to ensure the continuity of this website and apps for mobile devices that it makes available to its customers and users. However, Adobe may, and is expressly authorized by the User, to update, modify or suspend temporarily and without prior notice the service for security reasons, or for reasons of opportunity or convenience for the system or for the user, such as (but not limited to) the ordinary or extraordinary maintenance of the site, the improvement of the services provided, as well as due to acts of God, force majeure, and acts by third parties. Likewise, the user accepts that in the case of services provided through the Internet and mobile networks, the quality and availability of these services may be affected by factors beyond Adobe’s control.
Adobe uses adequate security systems. However, Adobe is not responsible for damages or losses of any kind arising from accessing and using this website, including, but not limited to, those produced in computer systems, or by viruses or computer attacks. Adobe will not be responsible for the damages caused by breakdowns, interruptions, absence or defect in telecommunications.
In the event of a failure or interruption of the system during a transaction, it will be the responsibility of the user to verify that said transaction has been completed correctly and satisfactorily.
5. Modifications to the systems.
The user authorizes Adobe to carry out, without prior notice, necessary modifications to the electronic system, in order to improve it, update it or adjust it to the evolution of technical and legal standards. Adobe reserves the right to terminate or change accessibility attributes, unilaterally and at its own discretion, as well as the information available, the services it offers and the operations it allows, reasonably and to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Our website may contain links or hyperlinks to other third party websites. In those cases, Adobe is not responsible nor does control or sponsor the content, products, or services provided on those sites, so its use is at the user’s own risk and not Adobe’s. In no case will Adobe respond to the veracity, integrity or updating of the information that is not its own.
The user of this website is entitled to obtain, install, maintain, and operate all equipment, computer programs, and Internet access necessary to access and use our electronic services. Adobe is not responsible for errors or problems that may arise from a failure or malfunction of the user’s computers, computer programs, and Internet access.
9. Functionality and interoperability.
The Adobe website uses secure data communication technologies with reasonable protection measures. You can use our website with the main Internet browsers, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer. If you have any problems accessing our system, please contact us.
10. Exclusion of guarantees, limits of liability.
- Although Adobe has adopted reasonable security measures, it does not declare or warrant that the services will remain free of loss, deterioration, attacks, viruses, interference, hacking or other security penetration, and Adobe denies all liability related to the above mentioned to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- Adobe is not responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the user caused by failures in the system, in the application, on the server or on the Internet. Adobe will not be responsible for any virus that could infect the user’s equipment as a result of access, use or as a result of any transfer of data, files, images, texts or audio contained therein. The users will NOT hold Adobe responsible, or demand payment for, loss of profit to Adobe, by virtue of damages resulting from technical difficulties or failures in the systems or in Internet. In the above cases, Adobe will not be liable to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and as long as the situations described above have not been caused directly and maliciously by Adobe.
- Adobe does not guarantee access and continued or uninterrupted use of your site. The system may not be available due to technical difficulties or Internet failures, or any other circumstance outside of Adobe. In such cases, efforts will be made to restore it as quickly as possible without incurring in any responsibility whatsoever.
- Adobe may provide its users with access codes to the restricted areas of this website. In those cases, the user is responsible for guarding with the utmost care and maintaining the confidentiality of the username and the access code provided by Adobe. Adobe does not assume any responsibility related to the legitimate or illegitimate use of said access code, nor of any damage, loss or patrimonial detriment or of any other kind derived from such use.
11. Other terms and conditions.
By contracting services from Adobe, the user accepts all the terms and conditions of the respective services that appear on this website. It is the user’s responsibility to read, understand, and accept these terms before hiring the service.
12. Privacy and cookies.
14. Applicable laws and jurisdiction.
This website has been created and is controlled by Adobe in the Republic of Costa Rica. Therefore, all rights and obligations related to the website, including those related to intellectual and industrial property, are regulated by the laws of the Republic of Costa Rica, without the conflict rules being applicable. The user is subject to these laws and the jurisdiction of the Republic of Costa Rica for access and use of this website. Any dispute arising from this agreement, its existence, validity, interpretation, scope or compliance will be submitted to the competent courts of Costa Rica.
[Version 1.0 August 2018]