Adobe Rent a Car is a local company that has grown in the market serving not only tourists, but also companies all around the country. Our philosophy is to deliver a dependable, high quality service, with very new cars, for your corporate needs.
Whether your employee needs a car to work in Costa Rica a few days, weeks, months, or years, we can solve your transportation needs. We have from small cars up to minivans, small trucks, pick ups and panels. We have a wide offer of vehicle types, that fit your company´s needs.
We understand that you expect on time service, so we are committed to satisfy this and all your expectations.
Our rates are the same year round, and we quote always competitive all-inclusive rates, that allow you to make a realistic budget.
If you need to establish a contract with us and enjoy corporate benefits, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Car delivery at your premises or at the airport
For greater convenience of your employees, we deliver cars for free at your premises, at the office where your visitors are working, at the Juan Santamaría International Airport (Alajuela), or at the Daniel Oduber International Airport (Liberia), 365 days a year.
Deliveries are free of cost if location is close to our offices in a 12 mile range.
If you need the delivery in offices distant from an Adobe Rent a Car office or when you need to pick up the car in one office and return in another, please request drop off rates or one-way rates to our Reservations department.
“Beginning on” service
When the car is required early in the morning, we offer the “beginning on” service, we can deliver the rented vehicle between 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. the day before your planned day of rent, without any charge. If you use this benefit, the rental period will start the next day at 8:00 am.
As a part of corporate benefits, Adobe Rent a Car offers the additional driver at no extra cost, regardless of the number of drivers.
When making your reservations at Adobe Rent a Car, your company will benefit of a bonus points system:
- For every day of vehicle rental with Adobe Rent a Car, your company will receive one point that will have an equivalent value in dollars.
- Every point is equivalent to US$2.1.
- The points can be exchanged with rentals of any vehicle category, coverage payment or Zafaditas plan (hotel+car).
- The client only needs to inform that the points will be used as a way of payment, in order to reduce the respective amount from the account. This has to be done when reserving the car.
- You can find the status of your points in the Online Platform Services.
This is the most convenient Points Program in the market.
Specialized Road Assistance
We have chosen specialized vendors to provide Road Assistance to our customers. We have the capacity to rapidly assist at the national level with services like:
- Towage service for the rented vehicle, when involved in an event.
- Continued trip service for the client to the next destination. This is done with a tax or private transportation
- Basic road assistance at site.
- Locksmith service in case of misplaced or keys inside the vehicle.
- Ambulance service, in case of a medical emergency due to an accident.
- 24 hour service.
- Bilingual receptionist.
- Tire change.
GPS rental (Global Positioning System)
- A US$250 deposit is required in case of damage or loss.
- Deposit should be made with a credit card.
- Subject to availability.
- Previous reservation is recommended.
Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot Rental
- Holds up to 5 devices connected
- Subject to availability.
- Previous reservation is recommended
The use of baby seat or booster seat is mandatory in Costa Rica for all children under 12 years. If needed, please contact our Reservations center for guidance.
- Rental of Baby seat.
- Rental of Booster seat.
- Coolers: complimentary
In all cases: Please reserve in advance and service is subject to availability.
Long term rentals (Month & annual rentals)
Monthly rentals: rent of vehicles for a period of one consecutive month (thirty days) in which only twenty-two (22) rental days are charged at the corporate rate or at the rate assigned at the moment of the rental. Eight days are given for free.
This product has a monthly mileage limit of 3,500 kilometers.
Annual rentals: rent of vehicles at a lower cost and without guarantee deposit for a 365 day period. Use the same car during the whole period without the need of changing the unit. In addition, total insurance is included in the rate (including road assistance).
Rent a vehicle for months or for a 1 to 3 year term, at a very special price and with all the benefits of using a rental vehicle:
- Customer service executive
- Free delivery of the car at your premises
- Competitive rates
- Full insurance cover with option of $0 deductible
- 24 hour specialized road assistance program
- Substitute car
- Preventive and corrective maintenance included
Additional accessories: GPS, baby booster seats, racks at extra cost
Operating lease, or long term car rentals or fleet rentals, which solves issues related to fleet financing, acquisition, ownership, maintenance, and management. This option offers a brand new car, adjusted to your needs. The most complete renting in Costa Rica.
- Advice on car choices
- Purchasing and selling the car
- Complete coverage package with $375 deductible
- Fleet management
- Insurance claims
- Ownership expenses
- Maintenance control
- Preventive maintenance
- Replacement cars
- Roadside assistance
- GPS services, tracker, alarm, tinted windows, bodywork and other accessories – at an extra cost
Adobe small business (pymes)
Corporate benefits for your small business
- Frequent customer rates
- Full coverage system
- Free road assistance if you take $0 deductible insurance (SPP)
- Monthly and Long Term Rentals
Terms & Conditions
Car Rental Requirements
- To be older than 23 years old.
- Present original and valid driver´s license with more than 2 years from the first date of issue, and ID Card or passport with immigration entry stamp. Provisional driving licenses or photocopies are not accepted.
- Guarantee deposit of US$1 000 with credit card or purchase order.
- Present purchase order, if applies.
General Insurance and Coverage Conditions
Please refer to the Coverage section.
Violations of the Costa Rica Traffic Legislation are full responsibility of the rentee.
In case you need one-way rentals, where you receive the car in one office and return in another, the following conditions apply:
- Reservation is necessary
- Minimum rental period: 3 days
- Charges apply. Please consult: email@example.com
- The car does not have authorization to leave the country
The renter/driver and additional drivers are free of charge.
No smoking policy
It is strictly prohibited to smoke inside the car. In case of any smell, there will be a charge of at least $100.
All accessories are subject to availability. We recommend previous reservation.
|Baby seat (under 12 years old or less than 110 cm height)||US$3 per day|
|Children seat (under 12 years old or less than 145 cm height)||US$1 per day|
|Surf Racks||US$3 per day|
|GPS||US$9 per day||US$250|
|Mobile Telephone with local prepaid card (60 min local calls)||US$10 per rental|
|Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot||US$10 per day||US$100|
Adobe Rent a Car can deliver the car at the customer premises. The employee must attend Adobe´s agent at the place and the hour specified at the reservation. If the customer doesn´t show up after 20 minutes, the agent will leave the company and the customer will have to go to Adobe Rent a Car office to get the car.
When making a car reservation, the customer must send by fax or e-mail, a purchase order, addressed to Adobe Rent a Car, specifying the following information:
- Type of car
- Date and time of rental
- Date and time of return
- Name of the user of the car
- Additional services required
A 1-hour tolerance for late returns is granted. From 2-4 hours extra fees apply; after 4 hours delay, a full day is charged.
All vehicles are supplied with a full tank of fuel (please check if the car uses petrol-gasoline or diesel fuel), please returned as it was delivered.
If the car receives an incorrect fuel, all associated costs to correct the problem will be charged to the rentee.
Refueling charges will apply.
Extra fees or penalties
- Loss/Steal of Car License plates has a replacement penalty from US$100.
- Loss/Steal/Damage of car mandatory documents has a replacement penalty from US$100.
- Loss/Steal of car keys has a replacement penalty from US$150 to US$500; if the car key holder is electronic or customized to the car rented a replacement penalty from US$300 applies.
- US$100 penalty for excessive dirt.
- US$100 penalty for smoking in the car.
Adobe Rent a Car offers you the most comprehensive insurance plan, for a better experience in Costa Rica.
Liability Protection (PLI):
Mandatory insurance with a limited coverage of liability.
- Damages to third parties´ property: US$20.000.
- Injury or death of third persons not travelling in the rental car: US$100.000 per accident. No deductible.
- Does not cover damages to the rental car.
Car Protection (LDW):
Waiver of financial responsibility in case of damages to the rental car, produced by a car accident, collision or roll over. It also protects the financial losses in case of a total or partial theft of the automobile.
- Does not cover vandalism damages, cost of tow truck and road assistance.
- The car protection has a deductible (excess) of US$1,000 for Basic Coverage and $100 for Intelligent Coverage.
- Does not cover third party damages.
- The Basic Coverage includes: Third party protection (PLI) and Car Protection (LDW)
Extended Protection (SPP):
Waiver of the deductible (excess) of the Liability Protection & Car Protection ($1,000).
- Extends the limit of the coverage up to US$4.000.000 per event.
- Covers vandalism damages, windows, tires.
- Covers cost of road assistance cost (24/7) and tow truck.
- Guarantee deposit of US$1000 will be required with mayor credit card or purchase order.
The waivers, insurances and coverages will not apply in the following cases:
- Fail to report the accident to the Car Rental Company immediately after the event takes place.
- When the driver has any incident and is under the influence of alcohol, drugs.
- When the vehicle suffers damages and the driver is not authorized/inscribed in the rental contract.
- Damages of any type caused by driving thru rivers, lakes, beaches, mangroves, flooded roads or off-road (i.e. where do not exist an official road, example: Cross-country).
- Failure to comply with legal and claim process with the insurance company, as, but limited to:
- Report the accident to the Transit Police
- Report the accident and fill the claim of the Insurance company
- Comply with any other requirement of the legal process
Consult with Reservations (firstname.lastname@example.org) special conditions.