Third Party Liability (LPI):
Third Party Liability (LPI) is mandatory for all vehicle rentals in Costa Rica and offers limited liability coverage for incidents involving third parties.
As a mandatory insurance with limited third-party coverage, our LPI coverage includes:
- Up to $20,000 for property damage from third parties.
- Up to $100,000 per accident, without a deductible, in the event of the injury or death of a third party, not inside the rental car.
- LPI does not cover any damage to the rented vehicle.
Vehicle Protection (LDW)
Provides basic vehicle rental coverage for the duration of your rental, including:
- Releases the customer’s financial responsibility in the event of damage to the rental car caused by an accident, collision, rollover, and other damages.
Please note that vandalism, tire damage, the cost of tow truck service, and roadside assistance are not covered under the LDW.
- LDW provides coverage for partial or total theft of the vehicle in accordance with the terms and conditions defined by Adobe Rent a Car.
- Vehicle Protection has a deductible of US US$1130 with tax when it includes Basic Insurance and a $100 deductible with Intelligent Insurance.
Please note that third-party damages are not covered under LDW.
- Basic Insurance includes Third Party Liability (LPI) and Vehicle Protection (LDW) with a deductible of US$1130 with tax.
- Intelligent Insurance includes Third Party Liability (LPI) and Vehicle Protection (LDW) with a deductible of US $100.
Extended Protection Coverage (SPP)
With our Extended Protection Coverage (SPP), your security concerns are covered. Our SPP is a solid, complete coverage that guarantees the needs of our clients are fully met.
Our SPP includes:
- ZERO deductible. The client is released from paying the Third Party Liability (LPI) & Vehicle Protection (LDW) deductible of US$1130 with tax.
- Extends the coverage limit to $5,000,000 per event.
- Provides coverage for vandalism, broken windows, and tires.
- Includes 24/7 Roadside Assistance nationwide at no additional cost. Including tow truck service.
- A US $1000 purchase order or credit card security deposit is required.
What are the coverage exceptions?
The following coverage exceptions apply to all of Adobe’s rental car insurance options.
- Failure to report the incident to Adobe Rent a Car immediately after the event.
- If the driver is under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- If the vehicle is damaged, and the driver was not authorized/registered in the rental agreement.
- Damage of any kind that is caused by driving through rivers, lakes, beaches, mangroves, flooded roads, or any other unofficial road or territory (i.e., cross-country).
- Failure to comply with any legal requirements and coverage claim processes with the insurance company, including but not limited to:
- Failure to report the accident to the Traffic Police.
- Failure to report the accident and fill out the insurance company’s claim.
- Failure to comply with any other legal requirements.
What happens if the driver commits a traffic violation?
The customer must pay the penalty before returning the vehicle. Otherwise, the fine and an administrative fee will be charged for processing the infraction.
Adobe Rent a Car is the best option for all your rental needs. For more information about agreements and corporate benefits, please contact us at email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at +(506) 2542-4800, and we will gladly address any concerns you might have.