At Adobe Rent a Car we love to make renting a vehicle as easy as a “drive” in the park (do you see what we did there?). So, we thought we shared with you the details of the process involved into making one of our cars a part of your Costa Rican adventure or your everyday needs.
How to get a quote?
First things first, start off finding out the type of car you need and the dates of your trip. In order to make a quote we require:
- Type of car needed (compact, sedan, 4×4, 7pax, minivan)
- Pick up date and time
- Pick up location (must be airport, hotel, or office. Due to safety matters Adobe cannot deliver a car in meeting points)
- Return date and time
- Return location
What about insurance?
When we get all this information we will provide you with a quote that includes Liability Protection which is required by law. If you wish to decline Car Protection, you may do so if your credit card offers full coverage, please contact us for details on how to decline it. Be aware that additional insurance such as Extended Protection is available, simply let us know that you’re interested.
We have other choices that will make your trip a lot more comfortable and safe.
We also have a variety of extras that you can request along with your quote. These extras could be, but are not limited to, GPS devices, Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot, additional driver, booster or baby seat, racks, drop off fees between stations, etc.
To get any of these or other extras please inform your agent at the moment you request a quote.
What do I need to rent a car?
- Original valid driving license, with more than 2 years issued. It will be valid for 90 days in Costa Rica, based on the immigration entry stamp on passport. International driving license is required when using another alphabet (Hebrew, mandarin, etc).
- Credit Card (only MasterCard, VISA or American Express accepted) to cover the US$1,500 deposit. Cash is not allowed.
- Minimum rental age is 23 years old, maximum age to rent a car is 75 years old.
How do I confirm my reservation?
This is actually quite easy: all you need to do is provide us with the card number and expiration date via phone or email. Please be aware that if this information is not received, we can no longer hold the reservation and that it’s going to be cancelled.
Also, please know that clients do not get charged until they actually come to the counter to pick up the car.
If the client does not show, we have to charge one day of cancellation penalty.
We offer shuttle service from and to the airport, so you don’t really need to worry about that. In order to arrange this transportation you must provide us with your flight information beforehand.
Cancellations and modifications
If you need to cancel or modify your reservation, do it at least 72 hours prior to pick up date, because there’s a penalty fee if you don’t. Please make sure you contact reservations directly via phone or email.
For more information you can contact us at 1 (855) 861-1250 or email us at email@example.com. We will be happy to assist you in making your trip amazing.